Friday 10 September 2010

ARTIST PROFILE:

I have found an unsigned artist to use for my G324 Music Promo. The artist is called Tom sutcliffe. He is a solo acoustic singer, and is currently unsigned. I found his music on an unsigned british band website whilst browsing last minute for new bands as I had already set on a band called "dead silence", however as soon as I heard the song "cigarettes" by Tom Sutcliffe, I knew that it was the song to use. Despite the title of the song, the song has a calm melody and Tom has a soulfull voice.




I decided to use an acoustic song for my music video because I am interested in the genre and what conventions it may have. It isnt one of my favourite genres but i'd like to make a music video using the conventions applied to acoustic music and make a what looks like genuine story making it personal to the target audience.


Even though summer is now ending, the song will partly show summer and the "hippy" culture; however it will show summer moving onto autumn and new things that come with time which links into the lyrics and the story in the video.



I went to Latitude this year, and the relaxed atmosphere is something I want to apply to my music video. The feeling that it doesn't matter where life may take you, you just have to enjoy the ride and don't fall off before you get on it.


I want the video to reflect the song as positive even if the lyrics are sad, its upbeat and looks on the bright side of difficult situations.


That is why I think it will be good to show the passing of summer to autumn showing new things happen and time changes and so do people, but the changes don't necessarily have to be negative and unharmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment